The Tactical Rifle I (TaR I) is a 2 day course is for the new or current firearms owner who want to develop a tactical (survival, defensive, & combat) mindset and gain the knowledge, skills, and attitude to employ the AR/CAR-15 rifle. The TaR-I course will introduce the owner of an AR/CAR-15 in the safe operation and employment of the AR/CAR-15. There will be a combination of class & range time (using 400 rounds during challenging shooting drills) to give you the confidence to use and continue training with your AR/CAR-15.
The course will have a final qualification course of fire to test and evaluate the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that have been taught throughout the course.
INCLUDES 1 Night Stay w/continental breakfast in a Bunk House at the G2 Hunting Ranch. Additional meal options are available.
- Cyclic of Operation
- Function check
- Zeroing iron sights
- Loading & unloading
- Ballistics (including barrel twist & ammunition selection)
- Marksmanship fundamentals (including shooting positions & sling use)
- Target acquisition and engagement (multiple ranges, stationary & moving)
- Tactical & speed reloading
- Immediate actions/malfunction drills
- Multiple targets/rapid engagement techniques
- Use of cover and movement
- Transition from strong side to weak side
- Maintenance & cleaning
- Storage & Transportation
- Note taking material
- AR/CAR15 with sling (2 or 3 point sling is acceptable)
- 3 or more 30 round magazines
- 400 rounds of factory ammunition
- Wrap around Eye Protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Baseball style hat
- Range food/WATER
- Seasonal weather gear/rain gear
- Method of carrying magazines (chest, waist, or thigh rig).
- Cleaning kit/lubrication
- Range food/WATER
- All students must 18, have the legal ability to purchase a rifle, and be a US Citizen or resident (identification required & verified prior to course start).
- Standard background check must be completed prior to course (Current CHL License waives background check).
- This course can be taken by minors (under 18 but older than 15) with accompanying parent in the course and at instructors discretion.