In 2013, after the MDT TAC21 Chassis has been on the market for a few years and was being widely adopted, we quickly realized that there was a need for an aftermarket rifle stock that was more compact, more lightweight, and extremely easy to install. The chassis also needed to fit a carbine AR buttstock and AR grip, easing the barrier to entry for first-time chassis adopters with a spare AR buttstock or grip laying around. This was the beginning of the MDT LSS Chassis.
The MDT LSS Chassis is now onto a new and improved Gen2 version, with upgrades such as a more aggressive barricade stop, M-LOK forend, and an ambidextrous magazine latch to name a few. With the addition of products like our folding stock adapter and any carbine compatible buttstock, your next compact truck gun, lightweight foldable hunting rifle, or general shooter build has never been easier.
- 1.4lbs – 1.6lbs (Depending on rifle model)
MATERIALS & FINISH
- 6061 aluminum
- AR-15 style grips
- AICS Magazine Compatible
- Carbine / Collapsible
- 6.75” – 8” (Depending on rifle model)
MAX BARREL DIAMETER
- Daniel Defense Delta 5 SA
- Remington 700 Short Action
- Remington 700 Long Action
- Savage Short Action, Models 10,11,12 and 16
- Savage Long Action, Models 110, 111, 112 and 116
- Savage Long Action CIP .338 Lapua Magnum – Requires MDT 3.85″ Magazines
- Tikka T3 Short Calibers
- Tikka T3 Long Calibers – Requires MDT 3.56 Magazine
- Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard – Short Caliber – Only works with MDT Polymer Magazines – No V-block due to the flat bottom action
- Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard – Long Calibers – No V-block due to the flat bottom action
- Ruger American Short Action
- Full size bolt, Remington 700 Clones may be supported, contact Customer Support for more information about your action
WHAT YOU GET, AND WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Your MDT LSS GEN2 Chassis comes with all necessary hardware for installation.