The Long Range Precision Rifle II (LRPR-II) is a 3 day advanced precision rifle course for the experienced long range precision shooter. LRPR-II continues to build the foundation of Precision Marksmanship Fundamentals used in LRPR-I and introduces different shooting positions and techniques.
Since most shots are rarely taken from the prone, these techniques will be supported and unsupported positions utilizing tripods, barricades, and other unconventional shooting platforms. Students will become comfortable and proficient using advanced shooting techniques, wind determination, and ballistic applications. Students can expect to shoot 200-300 rounds to 1000 yards and beyond dependent on the shooters rifle and cartridge.
Each student will have their rifle chronographed during the course to aid in the Ballistic Application portion of the course.
- Refining of Precision Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Ballistic Computer/Applications
- Supported and Unsupported Positions
- Barricade and Hasty Position Shooting
- Effects of and Shooting through Mediums (Glass, drywall, wood, cinder blocks, etc.)
- Rifle Data gathering out to 1000 yards
- Shooting through a Loophole
- Introduction to Shooting Moving Targets
- Rifle capable of 1 MOA at 300 yards.
- Recommend a .300 caliber or higher bolt action rifle. Semi-automatics are accepted as long has they can hold 1 MOA at 300 yards. NO .50 Caliber. (.260 Remington, 6, 6.5 match grade is acceptable)
- Precision Rifle Scope with MilDot or MilRad reticle (fixed or variable) w/capped or target turrets
- Rifle support (front: bipod; rear: bag)
- Minimum 200 rounds factory match ammunition (300 rds preferred). NO RELOAD AMMUNITION
- Rifle cleaning gear
- Inch Pound Torque wrench (according to rifle)
- Hearing protection (Electronic preferred)
- Eye protection
- Long sleeve shirt/long pants
- Rugged field boots
- Note taking material w/Pencil
- WATER SOURCE
- Seasonal weather gear/rain gear
All students must 18, have the legal ability to purchase a rifle, and be a US Citizen or resident (identification required & verified prior to course start).
Standard background check must be completed prior to course (Current State LTC License waives background check).
This course can be taken by minors (under 18 but older than 15) with accompanying parent in the course and at instructors discretion.