The AR-15 (AR – ArmaLite Rifle) family of rifles is one of the most popular rifles in America. The US military variant is known as the M-16. It is estimated that there are over 4 million AR-15’s owned by law abiding citizens in the US. The AR-15’s reliability, performance, and accuracy provide many with the confidence needed while using the rifle for sporting, hunting, or self defense purposes. The modular capability of the rifle is one of the main reasons it is so popular. Many choose the smaller barreled or carbine version known as the CAR-15.
7 Foxtrot has an immense knowledge of this rifle having used it and many different variants while in the Marine Corps since 1987.
Length/Times: 2 Days
Students: Min 3/Max 8
Instructor: Erick Findley
Tactical Rifle - I (TaR-I)
The Tactical Rifle I (TaR-I) course is for the new or current firearms owner who want to develop a tactical (survival, defensive, & combat) mindset and gain the knowledge, skills, and attitude to employ the AR/CAR-15 rifle. The TaR-I course will introduce the owner of an AR/CAR-15 in the safe operation and employment of the AR/CAR-15. There will be a combination of class & range time (using 400 rounds during challenging shooting drills) to give you the confidence to use and continue training with your AR/CAR-15.
The course will have a final qualification course of fire to test and evaluate the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that have been taught throughout the course.
- Cyclic of Operation
- Function check
- Zeroing iron sights
- Loading & unloading
- Ballistics (including barrel twist & ammunition selection)
- Marksmanship fundamentals (including shooting positions & sling use)
- Target acquisition and engagement (multiple ranges, stationary & moving)
- Tactical & speed reloading
- Immediate actions/malfunction drills
- Multiple targets/rapid engagement techniques
- Use of cover and movement
- Transition from strong side to weak side
- Maintenance & cleaning
- Storage & Transportation
- Note taking material
- AR/CAR15 with sling (2 or 3 point sling is acceptable)
- 3 or more 30 round magazines
- 400 rounds of factory ammunition
- Wrap around Eye Protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Baseball style hat
- Range food/WATER
- Seasonal weather gear/rain gear
- Method of carrying magazines (chest, waist, or thigh rig).
- Cleaning kit/lubrication
- Range food/WATER
- All students must 18, have the legal ability to purchase a rifle, and be a US Citizen or resident (identification required & verified prior to course start).
- Standard background check must be completed prior to course (Current CHL License waives background check).
- This course can be taken by minors (under 18 but older than 15) with accompanying parent in the course and at instructors discretion.