Length/Times: 6-8 hours
Students: 5 Min/8 Max
Instructor: Erick Findley
Basic Handgun Fundamentals Course (BHF)
BHF is a beginner handgun course that is for someone who has little or no experience with a handgun. It teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a handgun safely.
The course is 6-8 hours long and includes ONLINE classroom and range. Students learn to shoot revolvers and/or semi-automatic handgun along with the learning the rules for safe gun handling; handgun parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from a seated supported and two handed standing positions; and cleaning the pistol.
Course: This is a BLENDED course. The classroom portion is conducted ONLINE with the range portion following the completion and 90% or higher score in the online portion.
Course Completion: Students will receive feedback on the live-fire exercise and a NRA course certificate upon successful completion of the lessons.
- Safety and storage
- Single & Double Action Revolvers and/or Semi-Automatic Handguns
- Handgun parts (nomenclature) and operations
- Handgun ammunition
- Range rules
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Shooting positions
- Online Portion - Computer, tablet, or mobile device with internet access
- Eye Protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Seasonal weather gear/rain gear
- Upon registration, the student will be sent a link with a course code to register and take the online portion of the course.
- The student does not need to own a pistol to take this course.
- If they already own one, they are encouraged to bring it.
- Ensure that the pistol and the magazines (if a semi-auto) are not loaded.
- DO NOT BRING AMMUNITION INTO THE CLASSROOM!
Schedule & Registration